Saturday, 9 August 2014

Lace and paper flowers








Probably the only time I've been inspired by something Kim K has worn but I really loved this white lace Dolce & Gabbana dress with the archetypal D&G high waisted shorts worn underneath. In fact I love everything Dolce & Gabbana. Since I don't have £3000 to spare I picked up this cream lace from Birmingham Rag Market for something insane like £2 a metre and made this dress for about £1.50! It's a really basic shape but I also cut the lace at the hem, sleeves and neck so it would have a more interesting finish.

Staying with the D&G inspiration I wore some low pointed heels and my old vintage Mona Lisa necklace which is suitably gold and Italian for the Sicilian-inspired fashion house. My typical centre parting, eye liner flick and dark pink lip (ie. the only make-up look I have) finished the look and I hope to look half as good as this gal.

PS. YAY my hair is blue/patchy green again

Hair dye: La Riche Directions Lagoon Blue, Necklace: Car boot sale (50p), Dress: Made by me, Shorts (just seen): H&M, Shoes: ASOS

8 comments:

  1. You look really nice! Blue hair, white lace dress and your makeup together look very good in close-ups. In my opinion, shape of the dress is also perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty lace dress! Also loving the heels!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually into anything too girly but I love how you've styled this dress! D&G is life - plus your hair is amazing.
    Meena | Meena Means Me
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous- you've done a really great job :) I always love making my own clothes too cos no one else has the same piece :)
    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. £2 for that fabric is amazing - there's nowhere near my house to find cheap fabric it's so annoying aha...I love what you made out of it as well, sooo nice! and love your hair blue again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I've started going to Birmingham rag market for fabric, it takes me 40 minutes to get there on the train but it's so worth it! xx

      Delete

I read and value every comment, don't be shy x