Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Eating soft ice cream, Coney Island queen






Two of my big loves are quirky prints and icecream. When I spotted this fabric in a little haberdashery I didn't even hesitate. It's mildly hideous and unbearably twee but also so cute. I decided to make this co-ord a little different to other ones I've made lately, the skirt has a peplum or fluted hem layered over a normal hemline, and the top has a square neckline, straps and darts. I can see myself wearing the top with a midi leather skirt when it gets a bit cooler to make myself look a little less like an eight year old, but right now I cannot resist a co-ord.

I also made a little matching bucket bag out of the off-cuts (mostly because I had a perfect circle left over from when I cut out the peplum!). Recently I made a bucket hat too which I might do a tutorial for if anyone would be interested? Answers on a postcard!


Top, skirt and bag: Made by me, Shoes: Doc Martens Clarissa, Sunglasses: Vintage

5 comments:

  1. You're adorable :) Love the explosion of colours.

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is so cute! I love it and you look absolutely stunning <3
    kisses

    Francesca http://everydaycoffee23.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh that dress is so gorgeous!! Love your shoes!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. really picked an attractive picture of me didn't you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looooove this! Its too adorable! Would you like to follow each other via GFC?

    Raven.

    simplesassysultry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and value every comment, don't be shy x